Mission, Vision, Values
placed over 15,500 individuals experiencing barriers to employment in jobs
served over 97 million meals to their communities
contributed $350 million into their local economies
All individuals have a pathway to economic mobility and stability.
Create a community of learning and resources dedicated to supporting individuals with barriers to employment to launch and grow careers.
We achieve this through a network of organizations that thrive and grow by sharing best practices, raising awareness, and advocating together for one another and their constituents. Network members support one another, and the movement of culinary skills training and workforce development as a whole.
The national network has a diversity of perspectives, locations, and expertise that uniquely positions us to increase the impact of each member organization.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - In pursuit of a more just society and through our internal and external actions, we champion fair treatment, access, opportunity, and advancement while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers that have prevented the full participation of all.
- Collaboration - Shared goals and mutual support lead to greater success than isolated work and individual focus and we know that together we are stronger and can contribute more.
- Collective Impact - We believe in an intentional commitment to working together and sharing information for the purpose of solving complex problems and meeting shared goals.
- Empowerment - We value our members and give them the information and the tools they need to achieve results and develop their capabilities to their fullest potential to excel as leaders of their communities.
- Innovation - We embrace continuous improvement through the exploration of new knowledge and ideas and seek to instill our work with boldness and creativity.
We will accomplish this through five key tenets of our work:
- Increase Our Collective Impact
- Create Community & Partnerships
- Secure Support & Funding
- Plan for Future Challenges in our Sector and Beyond
- Raise Advocacy & Awareness